Shitaye Desta Gebrewold is currently a PhD candidate at NMBU in department of IPV.
Work Place: Hawassa University since 2007
- BSc in Horticulture from Jimma University, Ethiopia
- MSc. In Biology (specialization Biotechnology),
Synopsis of Current PhD work
Shitaye is working on Jatropha curcas plant that is used in a biofuel production. The focus of her work is Morphological, physiological and Genetic variability of 9 different accessions of Jatropha collected from Ethiopia. Shitaye is testing the accessions performance under field condition in Ethiopia and in growth rooms for different day lengths and temperature level at Norwegian university of Life Sciences.
- Main Suppervisor:
- Prof. Trine Hvoslef-Eide (Norwegian university of Life)
- Dr Meseret Tessema (Hawassa University)
- Dr Amsalu Gobena (Hawassa University)
Partners: Cristian Nicolas Mendoza (PhD candidate)